Putting the fight against poverty at the heart of the European Parliament elections, 2014
19 European Parliament election candidates from Ireland join Europe-wide call for an EU Anti Poverty Strategy: see press release Read the special edition of the EAPN Ireland Review on the elections – explaining the role of the Parliament, the issues and candidates in the election Follow the EAPN (Europe) blog on the campaign Following a successful series of meetings between community groups and candidates for the European Parliament, EAPN Ireland, the Irish network of the European Anti Poverty Network (EAPN), today announced that the EAPN’s demand for an explicit anti-poverty strategy and monitoring by people experiencing poverty has so far been been endorsed ...
- Community Platform Press release and publication: Widening inequality hitting most vulnerable
- Budget 2016 – unless we prioritise vital, well targeted spending over tax cuts, the misery for many will continue.
- Presss release on new Commission reccomendations
- Anti Poverty Network welcomes Oireachtas Committee Report declaring Direct Provision for Asylum Seekers “not fit for purpose”
- Press Release: Poverty figures show need for 5 year plan against poverty
- We can only rebuild trust in Ireland’s role in Europe if commitments to social justice, equality and environmental sustainability are delivered
- Statement on Budget 2015
- Putting the fight against poverty at the heart of the European Parliament elections, 2014
- Press release: CSO figures published today show that 1.2 million people now experience deprivation, twice the pre-recession figure.
- Six steps to a more equal and inclusive Ireland
Position paper on positive activation The Position Paper contains a range of proposals for improving the Government’s supports for those who are distant from the labour market to access employment. It stresses the need for supports to be done within an approach that ensures that people have access to a decent income and quality services and that quality employment […]...full story
Widening inequality hitting most vulnerable Media Release Community Platform – Widening inequality hitting most vulnerable The Future Perspective of the Community Platform: New paper calls for progressive taxation and investment in communities and public services to ensure the rights and welfare of the most vulnerable in Irish society. The Community Platform, an alliance […]...full story
EAPN Ireland Press Release – Budget 2016 Prioritise spending on income and services for people on low income over tax cuts for the rich and middle incomes Restore cuts in income and services affecting low income households during the recession, including those affecting lone parents Implement Government policy to ‘poverty-proof’ all decisions and the overall […]...full story