Putting the fight against poverty at the heart of the European Parliament elections, 2014
19 European Parliament election candidates from Ireland join Europe-wide call for an EU Anti Poverty Strategy: see press release Read the special edition of the EAPN Ireland Review on the elections – explaining the role of the Parliament, the issues and candidates in the election Follow the EAPN (Europe) blog on the campaign Following a successful series of meetings between community groups and candidates for the European Parliament, EAPN Ireland, the Irish network of the European Anti Poverty Network (EAPN), today announced that the EAPN’s demand for an explicit anti-poverty strategy and monitoring by people experiencing poverty has so far been been endorsed ...
- Community Platform Press Statement: Six principles for an inclusive, equal and effective health policy
- Response to CSO poverty figures issued today
- Better Europe Alliance Press Release in advance of meeting with Oireachtas Committee on EU Affairs
- Community Platform Press release and publication: Widening inequality hitting most vulnerable
- Budget 2016 – unless we prioritise vital, well targeted spending over tax cuts, the misery for many will continue.
- Presss release on new Commission reccomendations
- Anti Poverty Network welcomes Oireachtas Committee Report declaring Direct Provision for Asylum Seekers “not fit for purpose”
- Press Release: Poverty figures show need for 5 year plan against poverty
- We can only rebuild trust in Ireland’s role in Europe if commitments to social justice, equality and environmental sustainability are delivered
- Statement on Budget 2015
On Human Rights day 2016, 29 leading national organisations working against poverty and inequality point Ireland’s failure to deliver on the human right to health and wellbeing for all
The Community Platform, representing 29 leading national networks and organisations, today launched 6 principles for an inclusive health policy....full story
Free training for activists working against poverty by EAPN Ireland with support from Comhlámh.
Understanding poverty at local and global levels and learning how to use the commitments in the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Galway on 30th November, Dublin on 1st December and Cork on 2nd December....full story