Putting the fight against poverty at the heart of the European Parliament elections, 2014
19 European Parliament election candidates from Ireland join Europe-wide call for an EU Anti Poverty Strategy: see press release Read the special edition of the EAPN Ireland Review on the elections – explaining the role of the Parliament, the issues and candidates in the election Follow the EAPN (Europe) blog on the campaign Following a successful series of meetings between community groups and candidates for the European Parliament, EAPN Ireland, the Irish network of the European Anti Poverty Network (EAPN), today announced that the EAPN’s demand for an explicit anti-poverty strategy and monitoring by people experiencing poverty has so far been been endorsed ...
- Response to CSO poverty figures issued today
- Better Europe Alliance Press Release in advance of meeting with Oireachtas Committee on EU Affairs
- Community Platform Press release and publication: Widening inequality hitting most vulnerable
- Budget 2016 – unless we prioritise vital, well targeted spending over tax cuts, the misery for many will continue.
- Presss release on new Commission reccomendations
- Anti Poverty Network welcomes Oireachtas Committee Report declaring Direct Provision for Asylum Seekers “not fit for purpose”
- Press Release: Poverty figures show need for 5 year plan against poverty
- We can only rebuild trust in Ireland’s role in Europe if commitments to social justice, equality and environmental sustainability are delivered
- Statement on Budget 2015
- Press release: CSO figures published today show that 1.2 million people now experience deprivation, twice the pre-recession figure.
European Anti Poverty Network Ireland Press Release on Budget 2017 11 October 2016 for immediate release Enquiries: Paul Ginnell or Robin Hanan (numbers removed for web version) Anti-poverty network welcomes welfare increases, but we need a more ambitious and concerted plan to rebuild services, income and quality work to fight poverty The European Anti-Poverty Network […]...full story
Four Tests for Budget 2017 here The Community Platform, an alliance of 29 national organisations, is calling for a Budget 2017 to reflect the promise in the Programme for Government to ‘deliver a fair society so that communities thrive’ through concrete measures and longer-term strategies to address inequality and poverty. The Community Platform statement says: […]...full story
EAPN Ireland AGM and workshop on poverty, Inequity and Health. Notice and registration form here Carmelite Centre 56 Aungier Street, Dublin 21 October 2016 10.30 to 1.30, followed by a light lunch Outline Agenda 9.30 Registration 10.00 AGM business Introduction and Welcome Minutes AGM 2015 Annual Report 2015 Accounts for 2015 and election […]...full story