Putting the fight against poverty at the heart of the European Parliament elections, 2014
19 European Parliament election candidates from Ireland join Europe-wide call for an EU Anti Poverty Strategy: see press release Read the special edition of the EAPN Ireland Review on the elections – explaining the role of the Parliament, the issues and candidates in the election Follow the EAPN (Europe) blog on the campaign Following a successful series of meetings between community groups and candidates for the European Parliament, EAPN Ireland, the Irish network of the European Anti Poverty Network (EAPN), today announced that the EAPN’s demand for an explicit anti-poverty strategy and monitoring by people experiencing poverty has so far been been endorsed ...
- Presss release on new Commission reccomendations
- Anti Poverty Network welcomes Oireachtas Committee Report declaring Direct Provision for Asylum Seekers “not fit for purpose”
- Press Release: Poverty figures show need for 5 year plan against poverty
- We can only rebuild trust in Ireland’s role in Europe if commitments to social justice, equality and environmental sustainability are delivered
- Statement on Budget 2015
- Putting the fight against poverty at the heart of the European Parliament elections, 2014
- Press release: CSO figures published today show that 1.2 million people now experience deprivation, twice the pre-recession figure.
- Six steps to a more equal and inclusive Ireland
- EAPN Ireland press release on new CSO Poverty Figures
- EAPN Ireland calls for a budget to protect the poor and build a more inclusive society
Anti-Poverty Network welcomes European Commission repeated call for action by the Irish Government on child poverty and childcare, but the overall package of proposals shows no urgency or ambition in promoting a more inclusive society May 2015 Press release CSRs...full story
AGM and workshops covering letter Dear Member, We hope that you will be able to join us for: Our AGM and discussion on social rights on 22 May in the Carmelite Centre, Dublin One of the four regional workshops in Ennis, Dublin, Longford and Cork in June Both of these are important in planning how […]...full story
May 2015 Press release Direct Provision The Board of the European Anti-Poverty Network (EAPN) Ireland, a network of national and local organisations fighting poverty, meeting today strongly welcomed the report of the Oireachtas Joint Committee on Public Service Oversight and Petitions which says that “…the Direct Provision System is not fit for purpose and […]...full story