Putting the fight against poverty at the heart of the European Parliament elections, 2014
19 European Parliament election candidates from Ireland join Europe-wide call for an EU Anti Poverty Strategy: see press release Read the special edition of the EAPN Ireland Review on the elections – explaining the role of the Parliament, the issues and candidates in the election Follow the EAPN (Europe) blog on the campaign Following a successful series of meetings between community groups and candidates for the European Parliament, EAPN Ireland, the Irish network of the European Anti Poverty Network (EAPN), today announced that the EAPN’s demand for an explicit anti-poverty strategy and monitoring by people experiencing poverty has so far been been endorsed ...
- Press Release: Poverty figures show need for 5 year plan against poverty
- We can only rebuild trust in Ireland’s role in Europe if commitments to social justice, equality and environmental sustainability are delivered
- Statement on Budget 2015
- Putting the fight against poverty at the heart of the European Parliament elections, 2014
- Press release: CSO figures published today show that 1.2 million people now experience deprivation, twice the pre-recession figure.
- Six steps to a more equal and inclusive Ireland
- EAPN Ireland press release on new CSO Poverty Figures
- EAPN Ireland calls for a budget to protect the poor and build a more inclusive society
- Anti-Poverty group meets with Trioka to highlight that the Government needs to make choices other than those which are leading to an increase in poverty
- Time to focus on adequate income, services and quality work
EAPN Ireland has made a submission to the Government’s Draft Framework Policy for Local and Community Development. In the submission EAPN Ireland argues for the need for the Government to return to a policy of supporting and resourcing strong and independent community sector organisations in Ireland....full story
The EAPN Ireland Europe 2020 Working Group has made a submission to Ireland’s National Reform Programme 2015. This Programme is to outline how Ireland is progressing in meeting it’s commitments under the Europe 2020 Strategy including its targets on employment, education and to reduce poverty and social exclusion....full story
Available here in printer-friendly PDF version: EAPN Ireland Newsflash February 2015 Contents: The Social Inclusion Forum and CWC/EAPN workshops The Better Europe Alliance and the European Semester Alliance Other Irish News Framework Policy on Communities and Local Government Poverty in Ireland – new figures for 2013 Social impact assessment of the main welfare […]...full story