Putting the fight against poverty at the heart of the European Parliament elections, 2014
19 European Parliament election candidates from Ireland join Europe-wide call for an EU Anti Poverty Strategy: see press release Read the special edition of the EAPN Ireland Review on the elections – explaining the role of the Parliament, the issues and candidates in the election Follow the EAPN (Europe) blog on the campaign Following a successful series of meetings between community groups and candidates for the European Parliament, EAPN Ireland, the Irish network of the European Anti Poverty Network (EAPN), today announced that the EAPN’s demand for an explicit anti-poverty strategy and monitoring by people experiencing poverty has so far been been endorsed ...
EAPN Ireland is a network of groups and individuals working against poverty and is the Irish national network of the European Anti Poverty Network. We aim to put the fight against poverty at the top of the EU, national and local agenda. Read More
- We can only rebuild trust in Ireland’s role in Europe if commitments to social justice, equality and environmental sustainability are delivered
- Statement on Budget 2015
- Putting the fight against poverty at the heart of the European Parliament elections, 2014
- Press release: CSO figures published today show that 1.2 million people now experience deprivation, twice the pre-recession figure.
- Six steps to a more equal and inclusive Ireland
- EAPN Ireland press release on new CSO Poverty Figures
- EAPN Ireland calls for a budget to protect the poor and build a more inclusive society
- Anti-Poverty group meets with Trioka to highlight that the Government needs to make choices other than those which are leading to an increase in poverty
- Time to focus on adequate income, services and quality work
- Press Release 1 May 2012: Government acknowledges rise in numbers in poverty are linked to recent policies and lowers future targets to reduce poverty
New Blog post from Aiden Lloyd The evaluation of the Platform’s PPN experience in South Dublin will be presented by Brian Harvey at a seminar on Monday 24th November in the Louis Fitzgerald Hotel. All are welcome. (see registration details below) Aiden Lloyd is chair of the South Dublin Community Platform and a member of […]...full story
EAPN Ireland Flash November 2014 Contents A. Special topic: linked-up planning for Europe? Europe 2002 and the European Semester What is the European Semester? Better Europe Alliance (Ireland) Conference, 5 Dec filling up fast! European Alliance for a Democratic, Social and Sustainable European Semester EAPN (Europe) on Europe 2020 B. Policy and campaigns Poverty in […]...full story
Better Europe Alliance – CSR Presentation to JOC on European Affairs Nov 2014 An Alliance of ten Irish civil society organisations (the Better Europe Alliance) today made a presentation to the Oireachtas Committee on European Affairs to highlight the importance of delivering on Ireland’s and Europe’s social and environmental targets. Currently, both Ireland and […]...full story