Putting the fight against poverty at the heart of the European Parliament elections, 2014
19 European Parliament election candidates from Ireland join Europe-wide call for an EU Anti Poverty Strategy: see press release Read the special edition of the EAPN Ireland Review on the elections – explaining the role of the Parliament, the issues and candidates in the election Follow the EAPN (Europe) blog on the campaign Following a successful series of meetings between community groups and candidates for the European Parliament, EAPN Ireland, the Irish network of the European Anti Poverty Network (EAPN), today announced that the EAPN’s demand for an explicit anti-poverty strategy and monitoring by people experiencing poverty has so far been been endorsed ...
- Press Release: Poverty figures show need for 5 year plan against poverty
- We can only rebuild trust in Ireland’s role in Europe if commitments to social justice, equality and environmental sustainability are delivered
- Statement on Budget 2015
- Putting the fight against poverty at the heart of the European Parliament elections, 2014
- Press release: CSO figures published today show that 1.2 million people now experience deprivation, twice the pre-recession figure.
- Six steps to a more equal and inclusive Ireland
- EAPN Ireland press release on new CSO Poverty Figures
- EAPN Ireland calls for a budget to protect the poor and build a more inclusive society
- Anti-Poverty group meets with Trioka to highlight that the Government needs to make choices other than those which are leading to an increase in poverty
- Time to focus on adequate income, services and quality work
Press release from EAPN Ireland re poverty figures for 2013 released today As the CSO shows that deprivation rates have trebled since 2008, from a tenth to nearly a third of the population, it’s time for a concerted five-year strategy to end poverty The European Anti Poverty Network (EAPN) Ireland today called on the Government […]...full story
A full video of the conference is now available here: Part 1: Welcome, Joan O’Donnell, Disability Federation of Ireland; Explaining the EU Semester and Europe 2020 Strategy, Michael Ewing, Environmental Pillar;l Key-Note Speech, Marian Harkin MEP; Better Europe Alliance priorities, Paul Ginnell, EAPN Ireland Part 2: Patrick O’Riordan, European Commission; Dara Lynott, Environmental Protection Agency; […]...full story
The Conference on 5 December 2014 brought together 70 social and environmental activists and decision-makers to discuss how to bring our concerns to the table, particularly with he mid-term review of the 10-year Europe 2020 strategy next year. (Background publication here) Speakers included representatives from the Alliance members as well as Marian Harkin, MEP; Rory […]...full story