Putting the fight against poverty at the heart of the European Parliament elections, 2014
19 European Parliament election candidates from Ireland join Europe-wide call for an EU Anti Poverty Strategy: see press release Read the special edition of the EAPN Ireland Review on the elections – explaining the role of the Parliament, the issues and candidates in the election Follow the EAPN (Europe) blog on the campaign Following a successful series of meetings between community groups and candidates for the European Parliament, EAPN Ireland, the Irish network of the European Anti Poverty Network (EAPN), today announced that the EAPN’s demand for an explicit anti-poverty strategy and monitoring by people experiencing poverty has so far been been endorsed ...
EAPN Ireland is a network of groups and individuals working against poverty and is the Irish national network of the European Anti Poverty Network. We aim to put the fight against poverty at the top of the EU, national and local agenda. Read More
- Putting the fight against poverty at the heart of the European Parliament elections, 2014
- Press release: CSO figures published today show that 1.2 million people now experience deprivation, twice the pre-recession figure.
- Six steps to a more equal and inclusive Ireland
- EAPN Ireland press release on new CSO Poverty Figures
- EAPN Ireland calls for a budget to protect the poor and build a more inclusive society
- Anti-Poverty group meets with Trioka to highlight that the Government needs to make choices other than those which are leading to an increase in poverty
- Time to focus on adequate income, services and quality work
- Press Release 1 May 2012: Government acknowledges rise in numbers in poverty are linked to recent policies and lowers future targets to reduce poverty
- Anti Poverty and Equality Groups welcome Oireachtas Committee all-party report on Single Working Age Payment
- EAPN Press Release on Survey of Income and Living Conditions 2010
The Better Europe Alliance has made a submission on the Mid-term Review of the Europe 2020 Strategy to the Joint Oireachtas Committee on European Union Affairs. It includes a range of proposals for improving delivery of the social and environmental commitments of the strategy....full story
At the end of May the EU issued seven Recommendations for Ireland covering a range of policy areas Ireland needs to address over the coming year. While dominated by economic priorities they also contain potential positives. The Better Europe Alliance – Irish Civil Society Organisations for a Social and Sustainable Europe, including EAPN Ireland, has carried out and published an analysis of these Recommendations....full story
EAPN Ireland today presented proposals for Budget 2015 to the Department of Social Protection’s Pre-Budget Forum in Dublin Castle. Included in its submission are proposals to increase social welfare levels to better meet the actual cost of living and to improve the process of poverty proofing policies before they are finalised....full story