Putting the fight against poverty at the heart of the European Parliament elections, 2014
19 European Parliament election candidates from Ireland join Europe-wide call for an EU Anti Poverty Strategy: see press release Read the special edition of the EAPN Ireland Review on the elections – explaining the role of the Parliament, the issues and candidates in the election Follow the EAPN (Europe) blog on the campaign Following a successful series of meetings between community groups and candidates for the European Parliament, EAPN Ireland, the Irish network of the European Anti Poverty Network (EAPN), today announced that the EAPN’s demand for an explicit anti-poverty strategy and monitoring by people experiencing poverty has so far been been endorsed ...
- Response to CSO poverty figures issued today
- Better Europe Alliance Press Release in advance of meeting with Oireachtas Committee on EU Affairs
- Community Platform Press release and publication: Widening inequality hitting most vulnerable
- Budget 2016 – unless we prioritise vital, well targeted spending over tax cuts, the misery for many will continue.
- Presss release on new Commission reccomendations
- Anti Poverty Network welcomes Oireachtas Committee Report declaring Direct Provision for Asylum Seekers “not fit for purpose”
- Press Release: Poverty figures show need for 5 year plan against poverty
- We can only rebuild trust in Ireland’s role in Europe if commitments to social justice, equality and environmental sustainability are delivered
- Statement on Budget 2015
- Press release: CSO figures published today show that 1.2 million people now experience deprivation, twice the pre-recession figure.
EAPN Ireland has made its submission to the Irish NRP for 2016. It has highlighted the crisis levels of poverty in Ireland, including by those in homelessness, and repeated its call for all of Government anti-poverty strategy to address it....full story
The Better Europe Alliance has produced its Response to the European Commission’s 2016 Country Report for Ireland. This Country Report is part of the EU’s European Semester process and provides an analysis of the key economic, social and environmental issues facing Ireland....full story
March 2016 EAPN Ireland Flash Update New Blog: European Commission report Highlights growth in Poverty: 30% of children at risk of poverty Points to gaps in services infrastructure Criticises decisions to cut taxes and forgo new income (Irish tax take is 29.7%, as against EU average of 39.1%)...full story