EAPN Ireland events – The EU, its Parliament and the fight against poverty
As the EU celebrates its 60th birthday, these regional workshops are your chance to discuss questions like
- How does Europe decide social policies?
- What difference does this make to people affected by poverty?
- How can we influence European policy?
- Why is the EU in crisis?
- What do Brexit and the rise of racism mean for the future?
- How can we build a more inclusive Europe?
- 10am to 1pm: Training and discussion session on European social policy
- 1pm to 2pm Lunch
- 2pm to 3.30pm: Discussion with Member of the European Parliament
Dates, Venues and MEP
|Date||European Parliament Constituency||Venue||MEP for afternoon Discussion|
|28th April||Dublin||Carmelite Centre, Aungier street, Dublin||Lynn Boylan MEP Sinn Fein|
|5th May||Midlands – North-West
Includes the counties of Cavan, Donegal, Galway, Kildare, Laois, Leitrim, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Sligo and Westmeath.
|Northside Community Partnership, Forthill, Sligo||Marian Harkin MEP, Independent|
Includes the counties of Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Tipperary and Waterford; and the cities of Cork, Limerick and Waterford
|St Patrick’s Gateway Centre, Patrick Street,Waterford||Sean Kelly MEP, Fine Gael|