Poverty in Europe
The information below provides a general account of poverty in Europe, as well as links to organisations that specialise in particular areas related to poverty and social exclusion.
Central Statistics Office Survey on Income and Living Conditions
Quality of Life in Europe Survey
The European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions runs a major survey project on the quality of life in Europe. This survey covers 28 current and future EU countries. It focuses on low income and deprivation; perception of social integration and exclusion, life satisfaction, working and living, health and care, fertility and family issues and migration trends.Useful resources include?
- Eurofound 2006 report on Low Income and Deprivation.
- Eurofound Quality of Life in Europe Survey
- Eurofound resource on social indicators and their measurement across Europe.
European Union Social Inclusion Process
Building a more inclusive Europe is vital to achieve the European Union’s goals of sustained economic growth, more and better jobs and greater social cohesion. As part of the European Union Social Inclusion Process, the EU has agreed indicators for measuring Social inclusion which each Member State has to produce. The set of indicators were agreed in 2006.
- The European Commission provides detailed information and statistics on Common Indicators.
- Find out more about the Social Inclusion Process at European Level.