EAPN Briefing on 2021 Income and Poverty Data
Please find enclosed a briefing from EAPN Ireland on the CSO Income and Poverty Data for 2021. The data highlights the level of poverty among different groups in society with some experiencing higher levels of poverty than the general population including those who are unemployed, lone parent households, unable to work due to long-standing health problems,
and households with one adult under 65yrs, with no-one at work and where someone is renting or living rent free. We also see the part that COVID-19 income supports played in helping to prevent households from falling into poverty.
- “Perfect storm” threatening international protection seekers and local communities
- Statement on the sad loss of our friend and colleague Fintan Farrell
- Press Statement: Rapidly rising deprivation levels demands an urgent response from Government
- More than a Temporary Crisis: The growing need for support with basic necessities and the impact on Low-Income Households and the Community and Voluntary Sector
- EAPN Ireland Poverty Watch 2022- Equality for All?