EAPN Ireland Policy Group
EAPN Ireland brings together member organisations to coordinate our efforts in the fight against poverty and to connect this to EU policy developments and their implementation in Ireland, including European policy post Europe 2020. The group has a particular emphasis on ensuring the development and implementation of an integrated approach to addressing poverty, and in particular to understanding and influencing policies related to adequate income and an inclusive labour market. The work of the Minimum Income Network around adequate and accessible social welfare supports,previously coordinated by EAPN Ireland, has been integrated into the work of the EAPN Ireland policy group.
Regularity of meetings: Meetings take place approximately once every 2 months.
The following organisations are members of the EAPN Ireland policy group:
- “Perfect storm” threatening international protection seekers and local communities
- Statement on the sad loss of our friend and colleague Fintan Farrell
- Press Statement: Rapidly rising deprivation levels demands an urgent response from Government
- More than a Temporary Crisis: The growing need for support with basic necessities and the impact on Low-Income Households and the Community and Voluntary Sector
- EAPN Ireland Poverty Watch 2022- Equality for All?