EAPN Ireland Policy Group
EAPN Ireland brings together member organisations to coordinate our efforts in the fight against poverty and to connect this to EU policy developments and their implementation in Ireland, including European policy post Europe 2020. The group has a particular emphasis on ensuring the development and implementation of an integrated approach to addressing poverty, and in particular to understanding and influencing policies related to adequate income and an inclusive labour market. The work of the Minimum Income Network around adequate and accessible social welfare supports,previously coordinated by EAPN Ireland, has been integrated into the work of the EAPN Ireland policy group.
Regularity of meetings: Meetings take place approximately once every 2 months.
The following organisations are members of the EAPN Ireland policy group:
Disability Federation of Ireland
Independent Living Movement Ireland
Irish National Organisation of the Unemployed
National Adult Literacy Agency
- Event: Ireland’s contribution to the EU’s role in tackling poverty
- Social Inclusion Forum 2023: Preparatory Workshops
- EAPN Ireland Briefing: Income & Poverty Data 2022
- EAPN Ireland Submission to Consultation on Pay-Related Benefit for Jobseekers
- EAPN Ireland Submission to National Reform Programme 2023