EAPN Ireland Policy Group
EAPN Ireland brings together member organisations to coordinate our efforts in the fight against poverty and to connect this to EU policy developments and their implementation in Ireland, including European policy post Europe 2020. The group has a particular emphasis on ensuring the development and implementation of an integrated approach to addressing poverty, and in particular to understanding and influencing policies related to adequate income and an inclusive labour market. The work of the Minimum Income Network around adequate and accessible social welfare supports,previously coordinated by EAPN Ireland, has been integrated into the work of the EAPN Ireland policy group.
Regularity of meetings: Meetings take place approximately once every 2 months.
The following organisations are members of the EAPN Ireland policy group:
- EAPN Ireland 30th Anniversary Event- Thursday November 5th 9.30am-11.15am
- EAPN Ireland Statement on Survey of Income and Living Conditions (SILC) 2019
- EAPN Ireland and Theatre for Change Galway-October 14th Online Event
- Giving Health Inequality a Voice – EAPN Ireland Research Report
- EAPN Ireland Media Statment- Concern at Increase in Poverty Deprivation rates for 2019