EAPN Ireland Pre-budget Submission 2023
Please find enclosed the 2023 pre-budget submission from EAPN Ireland. We are calling on the Government to increase social welfare rates in recognition of rising inflation, which is impacting those who are living below the poverty line the most. EAPN Ireland recognises that in order for Ireland to meet its Anti-Poverty commitments, the Government must make progressive decisions as part of budget 2023 that involve significant investment in public services and supports and a move towards income adequacy, by benchmarking income against the Minimum Essential Standard of Living.
- Press Statement: Rapidly rising deprivation levels demands an urgent response from Government
- More than a Temporary Crisis: The growing need for support with basic necessities and the impact on Low-Income Households and the Community and Voluntary Sector
- EAPN Ireland Poverty Watch 2022- Equality for All?
- EAPN Ireland Budget Statement 2023
- EAPN Briefing on 2021 Income and Poverty Data