EAPN Ireland Statement on the SILC poverty data 2021
Please find enclosed an EAPN Ireland statement on the recently released poverty SILC data (Survey on Living and Income conditions)for 2021.
Once again we see that certain groups are more likely to be living in consistent poverty than others. EAPN Ireland welcomes that enhanced Covid income supports helped reduce poverty in 2021 but warns that without sustained efforts the Government will fail to meet its poverty reduction target.
- Press Statement: Rapidly rising deprivation levels demands an urgent response from Government
- More than a Temporary Crisis: The growing need for support with basic necessities and the impact on Low-Income Households and the Community and Voluntary Sector
- EAPN Ireland Poverty Watch 2022- Equality for All?
- EAPN Ireland Budget Statement 2023
- EAPN Briefing on 2021 Income and Poverty Data