Social Inclusion Forum 2019
The Social Inclusion Forum 2019 took place on May 22nd, at the Aviva Stadium Landsdowne Road, Dublin 4.
In advance of the forum, EAPN Ireland and Community Work Ireland once again held a series of pre-sif work shops across Ireland to enable the public, people experiencing poverty, and those working within the community and voluntary sector, to directly feed into the Social Inclusion Forum process. Please find enclosed a summary of the preparatory workshops tory-Meetings-2019.pdf”>here.
A full report on the 2019 forum will be published by DEASP. On the day, a significant number of issues pertaining to poverty and social inclusion were raised by a range of diverse groups and individuals. The need to expand our understanding of poverty beyond a measurement of income was highlighted, with DEASP reporting that the new National Action Plan for Social Inclusion is due to be published by the end of June.
We would like to thank all of those who participated and contributed to the Social Inclusion forum for 2019. Stay tuned for further updates.
- “Perfect storm” threatening international protection seekers and local communities
- Statement on the sad loss of our friend and colleague Fintan Farrell
- Press Statement: Rapidly rising deprivation levels demands an urgent response from Government
- More than a Temporary Crisis: The growing need for support with basic necessities and the impact on Low-Income Households and the Community and Voluntary Sector
- EAPN Ireland Poverty Watch 2022- Equality for All?