Briefing on 2020 Income and Poverty Data
Please find enclosed an EAPN Ireland briefing note on 2020 Income and Poverty data. Once again, the Survey on Income and Living Conditions for 2020 (SILC) results show that the year-on-year the same groups are living in consistent poverty, including single person households, those unable to work due to long-term illness, and people living in the rented accommodation. The results also show the importance of COVID-19 income supports and how essential our social welfare system is in preventing poverty and social exclusion.
- Press Statement: Rapidly rising deprivation levels demands an urgent response from Government
- More than a Temporary Crisis: The growing need for support with basic necessities and the impact on Low-Income Households and the Community and Voluntary Sector
- EAPN Ireland Poverty Watch 2022- Equality for All?
- EAPN Ireland Budget Statement 2023
- EAPN Briefing on 2021 Income and Poverty Data